Tuesday 5 July 2011

Getting Rid of Posessions

As you know if you have been reading this blog, my husband and I have been slowly selling and donating all our unnecessary possessions. Well yesterday I took the extremely liberating step of getting rid of nearly all of my embroidery threads. Yes I know that embroidery is my job, but I have so many threads that I can't really look at them with any ease. Yesterday I had a stack and store box about a metre long and 7 large lentil pots full of threads; now I have one small bag. I really feel very positive about the change. I did the same thing with my fabrics too, again one stack and store box the same as the other one, down to black, white, interfacing, interlining and aida. I really feel now that I could move house in a van and I think it will be very useful in my work as I get more creative when I am pushed.



No comments:

Post a Comment