Thursday 6 October 2011

Getting Back to Normal

For some reason I have not been feeling very proactive recently. I have gone back to meditating and I have written a list of things I would like to achieve in my life and it seems to be helping a lot. For example I was looking at a place called Plum Village (a meditation centre in France) and I thought that it would be wonderful to go, but it would be expensive, etc etc. So I decided to create my own Plum Village in the house. We have been thinking for a while about getting rid of the bed and going for the Japanese style rolled up beds that you put away during the day, so we got rid of the bed and bought 2 duvets that we now sleep on and I am going to turn the bedroom into a meditation / quiet room. I am trying to be mindful in all that I do (much easier said than done!) and basically try to get all the things I would experience in Plum Village to come to me.

At the end of October, the Embroiderer's Guild are holding an exhibition/money raising/craft stall event and it is getting me back in gear to make things for my stall. I have already got the Inspiration Packs and I will make cards, kits, thread packs, gift tags and hopefully get some more of my books ready for sale too. I hope it goes well and I will be able to put all the extra bits on the website

No comments:

Post a Comment